Aircraft Eligible for Registration
The Department of Civil Aviation Aruba will not accept the following aircraft for registration if they are home-based outside Aruba:
- Aircraft with a certified maximum takeoff weight of less than 5700 kg;
- Aircraft with piston engines;
- Aircraft manufactured before 1970;
- Aircraft not originally type certified in accordance with EASA, FAA, Canadian or Brazilian certification requirements;
- Aircraft that have been de-registered for more than 6 months;
- Aircraft that have not been in operation for more than one (1) year and have not been maintained in accordance with an approved storage program.