The Department of Civil Aviation Aruba will (in principle) not accept aircraft for registration if it is home-based in a country that:
- has been audited very unsatisfactory by ICAO;
- has been assigned by the FAA as a Category II country (in case the intended operation is commercial);
- is suspected to be involved in or supports terrorists or terrorist activities;
- is involved in or that is about to be involved in a war or civil war;
- is subject to an international embargo (e.g. by the United Nations);
- is difficult to access by Department of Civil Aviation Aruba inspectors for safety concerns (e.g. terror threats or infectious diseases, etc.);
- is not willing or able to receive transfer of certain or all functions, duties and responsibilities in respect to the oversight of an operator.